This three-day GD training, participants will be provided with the knowledge and skills to analyze gender issues, formulate gender and development planning, and assess the strengths of, and obstacles to women’s participation in communities.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
• Recognize the situation of women and use gender analysis methodology
• Define gender and sex.
• Explain about the concept and equity of gender
• Explain the mainstreaming of gender
• Identify the steps to empower women
• Explain about Women in Development(WID), Gender and Development (GAD) and Women and Development (WAD)
• Formulate and develop effective programs.
1. Development, Gender and Sex.
2. Difference between equity and equality
3. Gender analysis
4. WAD, WID and GAD
5. Program formulation and development
A practical training looking at examples, case studies and the issues facing women in their own communities.
Number of participant
English and Nepali
Gyan Kunja, Tyalan-1, Kirtipur, Kathmandu, Nepal
Individual NRs. 3000.00 (including reading materials, tea, certificate and stationery).
Note: 5% discount for female participants.