This One-week SWD training gives you a thorough understanding and importance of the social work and development. Social work and development is a discipline studying and promoting the quality of life of individuals and the well-being of the community. Social work and development integrates knowledge about human and community development, social policy and administration, human interaction, and the influence and manipulation of social, political and psychological factors upon society. Social work and development training combine theories from different other fields such as sociology, medicine, psychology, philosophy, politics and economics in order to enable complete understanding and shaping power over the social mechanisms of any kind. By studying this training participants will develop the following skills and qualities: empathy, active listening, social perceptiveness, persuasion, cooperation, critical thinking, communication and interpersonal skills.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
• Explore and critically reflect on the role of theory in social work practice.
• An integration of professional values, theoretical knowledge and practice skills in order to prepare in every sense for social work practice.
• Develop a critical and continuing understanding of knowledge and research in order to translate current research findings into social work practice.
1. Becoming a Professional
2. Human Development Across the Lifespan
3. Social Work and Society
4. Social Work: Theory and Practice
5. Social Work and the Law
1. Social Work with Adults
2. Becoming a Professional: Risks, Rights and Responsibilities
3. Understanding the Contexts of Service Users’ Lives
4. Becoming a Research – Minded Practitioner
1. Becoming a Professional: Decision Making and Professional Judgment
2. Understanding the Contexts of Social Work Practice
3. Social Work with Children and Families
4. Domestic Abuse
Number of participant
English and Nepali
Gyan Kunja, Tyalan-1, Kirtipur, Kathmandu, Nepal
Individual NRs. 18000/- per participant
Note: 5% discount for female participants.