This seven-day DRR training, participants will be provided with the knowledge and skills to analyze the potential disasters affecting a community and its capacity for preparedness, and to assess the community’s strengths and weaknesses in order to design development interventions strategically that would allow participants to plan for disasters effectively .
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
• Understand and explain the concept of disaster risk reduction
• Undertake situation and problem analysis methodology: Vulnerability Capacity Assessment (VCA)
• Identify potential problems and causes.
• Develop a preparedness plan for mitigation if a disaster occurs.
• Establish an evacuation center with community participation.
1. Disaster management cycle
2. Vulnerability Capacity Assessment (VCA)
3. Preparedness Planning Risk Reduction
4. Increasing Community Disaster Awareness
5. Disaster Emergency
6. Needs Assessment
7. Disaster Program
8. Information and Reporting
9. Improving Coordination
This highly practical and interactive program involves pair and group work to illustrate the use of tools and techniques.
Number of participant
English and Nepali
Gyan Kunja, Tyalan-1, Kirtipur, Kathmandu, Nepal
Individual NRs. 7000.00 (including reading materials, tea, certificate and stationery).
Note: 5% discount for female participants.